[Zope] where (required)

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 17:32:07 +0100

Hi,

I've a sort of interpretation error :

I want to use the following query 2 ways :

1. Provinding the variables. (will give me one record)
2. Without providing the variables. (will give me all records).

I use the following query :

select *
from address
<dtml-sqlgroup where>
    <dtml-sqltest A_CENTRENO column=ADDRESS.CENTRE_NO type=int optional>
  <dtml-and>
    <dtml-sqltest A_NAMELINE1 column=ADDRESS.NAME_LINE1 op=CONTAINING
type=nb optional>
  <dtml-and>
    <dtml-sqltest A_POSTALCODE column=ADDRESS.POSTAL_CODE type=nb optional>
  <dtml-and>
    <dtml-sqltest A_CITY op=CONTAINING column=ADDRESS.CITY type=nb optional>
  <dtml-and>
    <dtml-sqltest A_STATEPROVINCE column=ADDRESS.STATE_PROVINCE type=nb
optional>
  <dtml-and>
    <dtml-sqltest A_AREANO column=ADDRESS.AREA_NO type=nb optional>
  <dtml-and>
    <dtml-sqltest A_PHONENO column=ADDRESS.PHONE_NO type=nb optional>

Although the where clause is optional, even the parameters are optional, if
I just call the method without parameters, I get the following error. Is
this normal? Why then is there a parameter 'required' with the Where-tag?

Error Type: Bad Request
Error Value: ['A_CENTRENO', 'A_NAMELINE1', 'A_POSTALCODE', 'A_CITY',
'A_STATEPROVINCE', 'A_AREANO', 'A_PHONENO']

Thanks,
Tom.