[Zope] ZSQLMethods

Richard Folwell richard@folwell.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 22:43:15 -0000

> I've 2 databases. I want to do a 'join' with 2 tables, both in a different
> database.
> Is it possible to retrieve data of both tables with a ZSQLMethod and then
> do a programatically join? What's the easiest python way?

If you are using ODBC then the EasySoft SQL Engine might solve your problem:

"Databases which can be accessed through the Engine include DB2, Postgres,
MySQL or any ODBC driver. It will enhance the functionality of any existing
ODBC driver to ODBC 3.5 and enable the seamless joining of data from two or
more ODBC data sources."

http://www.easysoft.com/products/sql_engine/main.phtml?SessionID=&RefID=

I have not tried it myself, but the EasySoft people seem OK - very responsive
on queries and support, with a clear commitment to quality.

Richard