[Zope] FTP in HTML-Kit? Sussed it!

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 13:04:38 +0000

Like others I was a bit puzzled as to how to Save As FTP
in HTML-Kit. I've just downloaded build 290 and got it
all working (the stuff may have lain undiscovered in
earlier verions - RTFM .....).

The keys to cracking it are:

1. Go Workspace -> Add FTP Server/Folder -> Add FTP Server.
   Do the obvious (all familiar to Homesite users).
   A blue coloured ftp source will appear in the File pane
   on the RHS. Expand/collapse trees to navigate to the
   file you want to open.

2. Right-click and "Open As Text". Haven't yet fathomed
   the significance of this as opposed to other options.
   What I do know is that "Save" then does the business -
   saves it back to your FTP source.

As a 24-day-old (6 days to go ....) Homesite evaluation
user I'm really, really impressed so far with HTML-Kit.
My thanks to Phil Harris et al for the tip.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bris.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/