[Zope] mod_fastcgi

Ron Bickers rbickers@logicetc.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 17:07:41 -0500

In theory (and maybe in practice) the socket should be faster since it does
not go through the networking process.  However, since it uses a local file,
Zope and Apache must be one the same system.  Using a TCP port would be
slower, but it allows you to run Zope and Apache on different machines.  As
to how much faster or slower, I have no idea if anyone has done any testing.

As for safest/recommended, avoiding the network is probably always safer
(although with the loopback, I'm not sure it makes any difference).  But if
you need to run them on different servers, you don't have a choice.

I've found mod_fastcgi very easy to configure in Apache and have had no
problems using it through a port.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.
rbickers@logicetc.com