[Zope] ZMySQLDA traceback

Curtis Maloney curtis@cardgate.net
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:25:24 +1100

On Wednesday 06 December 2000 08:47, Rodrigo Leme de Mello wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to install ZMySQLDA and as a result of my installation,  i am
> getting the following traceback
>
> ZMySQLDA Import Traceback
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/home/zope/224/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 397, in
> import_products
>     product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
>   File "/home/zope/224/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/__init__.py", line 106,
> in ?
>     import sys, os, Globals, DA
>   File "/home/zope/224/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/DA.py", line 108, in ?
>     from db import DB
>   File "/home/zope/224/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py", line 106, in ?
>     import _mysql, regex, sys
> ImportError: No module named _mysql
>
> Any help will be welcome

You have not installed the Python MySQL module.  Depending on which MySQL
Zope product you downloaded, this either came with it, or you will have to
download it seperately.

Last time I installed a fresh Zope/Python combo, I used ZMySQLDA 1.2.0, which
comes with the MySQLdb Python module sources.  I found it to be a fairly
simple and painless install.

Previous versions did require you to download the MySQLdb module seperately.
Both are on www.zope.org.

> Regards
>
> Rodrigo

Have a better one,