[Zope] Disabling Services

Bill Anderson bill@noreboots.com
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 01:36:23 -0700

Ivan Cornell wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
>
> > When Zope starts up, I see it starts the following:
> >
> > ZServer Medusa (V1.16.4.3)
> > ZServer FTP server
> > ZServer PCGI Server
> > ZServer Monitor Server (V1.8.4.1)
> >
> > Which of those handles WebDAV requests?
> > How do I turn any of the above 'off' permentantly, without hacking z2.py
> > or anything similar (which is nasty ;-)
> >

> Not sure about WebDAV (I guess try the following & see!), but in my startup
> script I have:
> exec /usr/local/Zope-2.2.4-linux2-x86/bin/python \
>      $PYTHONHOME/z2.py \
>      -X -w 8000 "$@"
>
> -X : turn off all servers
> -w : explicitly turn on http server on port 8000
> I took out -D as it is a production server & after reading the last few
> digests I'm going to add -Z, though Zope hasn't crashed once on me yet!

Note, that it the past, doing this also disabled pcgi. I dunno if that
has been resolved, but it was a REAL nightmare here ....

Of course, you aren't using pcgi, so for you, that's not a problem. :) I
just thought I'd injectthat little comment for future readers who may be
wondering wtf if they try this and still need pcgi.

Bill