[Zope] REQUEST.set doesn't set in 2.2.4

Bill Anderson bill@noreboots.com
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 01:43:53 -0700

Brad Clements wrote:

> This code:
>
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('verrormessage',orderobject.chargeCard(REQUEST,Holmes.CyberCash,Rec))">
> <!-- charge result is &dtml-verrormessage;-->
>
> Prints out _.None as the result.
>
> However a print statement in my ordeobject.chargeCard method shows
> that the return value isn't None.
>
> This seems broken. The return code is coming from within an exception
> handler, I wonder if that is related to the problem.
>
> I've also noticed that in a <dtml-try><dtml-except> calling
> REQUEST.set within the except doesn't set it.
>
> Anyone got ideas?

Just for thoroughness (or something) try this to eliminate something:

<!-- PRE: charge result is <dtml-var
"orderobject.chargeCard(REQUEST,Holmes.CyberCash,Rec)"> -->
<dtml-call
"REQUEST.set('verrormessage',orderobject.chargeCard(REQUEST,Holmes.CyberCash,Rec))">
<!-- POST: charge result is &dtml-verrormessage;-->

This should determine whether what you want to set is working first.
If PRE and POSt are the same, the problem s defintiely in your method
call.

dtml-call REQUEST.set is working fine on 2.2.4 from here.

Bill