[Zope] Why I Love Zope

Ivan Cornell ivan.cornell@framestore.co.uk
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 15:10:41 +0000

> If anyone else has similar stories it would be nice to hear them.

Well, I've only been using Zope for 6 weeks now, & I've already launched
one site based totally on it in my spare time: http://www.noonsite.com ,
a site for cruising sailors.
Early days for it, but I've already got my father & sister inputting all
the information via the web in different countries, using versions not
to break the live site, etc.

I've forgotten how many times zope's blown me away, having spent my
first week fighting acquisition & the usual newbie things, I now find I
can answer about 50% of questions on this list - a very steep learning
curve (ie going from zero to zen quickly!).

Now I've just got to get to grips with it at work - I'm currently
working on converting a 500,000 row postgresql/php media database over
using ZPatterns...

Regards,

Ivan