[Zope] Failed upgrade to 2.2.4 - solutions?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 13:56:07 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Luke Tymowski wrote:

> Hello
>
> >   To enable profiling, restart the Zope process with the environment
> >   variable PROFILE_PUBLISHER defined. The value of this variable should be
> >   the full system path to a file that will be used to dump a profile report
> >   when the process restarts or exits.
>
> PROFILE_PUBLISHER='/home/luke/sw/zopeProfile.txt'
>
> like so in my z2.py? it didn't do anything.

Nope, you need to set a process environment variable on your system, not
a python variable in your module. You do this before
staring Zope, you can do it in a start script (syntax depends on your
shell) you can do it from z2.py with os.eviron:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/os-procinfo.html

Or you can do something like:

bash$: export PROFILE_PUBLISHER=/home/luke/sw/zopeProfile.txt
bash$: python z2.py -D

or something of the like...

 > But I can get a python core dump!
>
> I tried just a basic install, without my Data.fs. Same result.
> I tried 2.2.2. Same result.
>
> Looks like an incompatibility with OpenBSD 2.8 (I was running 2.7 until
> 2 weeks ago.)
>
> Any ideas? C-compiler or Python incompatibility between what is on
> OpenBSD 2.8 and Zope?

Don't know...

> OpenBSD 2.8 comes with Python 1.6. I removed all traces of Python and
> reinstalled 1.52 from the source.

It's possible you have library missmatch.

-Michel