[Zope] Changing a Zclass meta type doesn't work

Ivan Cornell ivan.cornell@framestore.co.uk
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:10:41 +0000

Hi all,

I've finally tracked down the bug that was preventing me from using
copy/paste/rename with my ZClasses (_verifyObjectPaste exceptions). It's
caused by the fact that I changed their meta type names after creation
to allow them to be stored easily in a tokens attribute (I removed the
spaces).

The all_meta_types method used by verifyObjectPaste appears to return
the original meta_type of a ZClass, even if you rename it, and so the
comparison fails. This is because all_meta_types actually uses the 'add
list name' of the factory, and changing this appears to work. I think it
would good if the latter's importance it is hilighted - that it isn't
just the text that appears in the 'Add Product List'.

Regards,

Ivan

PS Yes, the above took 3 hours.