[Zope] HTML formatting from a text field

David Spencer dspencer@ensavant.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:00:57 -0500

Ausum,

I would suggest going to the website for Lotus Quickplace
(www.quickplace.com or www.lotus.com) and signing up for a demo account.
They've got a very simple word processor (bold, italics, a couple of fonts,
etc.) integrated into their project sites that, I think, does what you're
describing.  I'm pretty sure everything is accomplished using Javascript.
If you could port something like this over to zope and release it as a
product, so that WYSIWYG documents can be created through the web and still
incorporate standard headers and footers, I would be a very happy man.  I
dread trying to explain zwiki and structured text to clients.  You might
also want to look at standardbrains.editthispage.com.  He's got an
excellent, javascript-based approach to WYSIWYG editing, but you can't save
it back to the site as far as I can tell.

David