[Zope] More on DB Transactions

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:05:27 +0100

> Paolo Quaglia wrote:
>
> Reading the zope@zope.org archive I found one message with an
> interesting sentence:
>
> [Message]
> > I am currently considering and evaluating Zope as one of the options
> we have
> > to build a really large, completely databasedriven "enterprise
> scale"
> > web-platform. I am a bit worried about this "maximum of 7 threads
> per db
>
> This isn't a maximum.  It's just the default.  It's easy to increase
> the
> number of connections.
> [/Message]
>

> Where is this Default and How can I increase this counter??
> Thanks very much in advance

AFAIK the ZODBC adapter is still single threaded. See
http://www.zope.org/Members/petrilli/DARoadmap for more information,
though I'm not certain wether this page is still up to date. There are
rumours that for SQL Server you could use the mxODBC adapter, though I
know nothing more of it. Recently there were posts on this list about
using the ZSybase Adapter for SQL Server they're probably thread safe as
well (?).
Do a search in the archives for more info

hth

Rik