[Zope] Re: PIL Problem

Max M maxmcorp@worldonline.dk
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:14:30 +0100

--- Luc Tonin <ltonin@lw.mth.tv> wrote:
> well
> i m still trying to insert some text in a gif image
> using PIL
> but what should i do??? using da PSDraw class??
> does anybody have an id ??
> thx by advance

Here is an example I got working under Windows.

PIL has very limited font/text support though.

I got this working pretty fast, as PIL is very well written, but I cannot
find a way to transfer my Windows truetype fonts to PIL's proprietary
format.

Bummer.

regard Max M

---------------------------------------

buttonList = {}
buttonList['02_home.gif']           = 'Ölwechselung'
buttonList['02_01_somewhere.gif']   = 'Klares Bekenntnis zur Umwelt'
buttonList['02_02_dude.gif']        = 'Hey Dude'

import ImageDraw, ImageFont
import Image

# Set font
arial =
ImageFont.load('C:/root/pythonScripts/PILTest/phontz/Verdana_12_100.pil')

im = Image.open("C:/root/pythonScripts/PILTest/redButton.gif")

width, height = im.size
middle = width/2

for fileName, theText in buttonList.items():

    aCopy = im.copy()

    # render the text
    draw = ImageDraw.Draw(aCopy)
    draw.setfont(arial)
    draw.setink(255)

    textWidth, textHeight = draw.textsize(theText)
    textMiddle = textWidth/2

    fontPlacement = middle - textMiddle
    print textWidth

    draw.text((fontPlacement, -3), theText)
    aCopy.save('C:/root/pythonScripts/PILTest/' + fileName)

Max M. W. Rasmussen,    Denmark.   New Media Director
private: maxmcorp@worldonline.dk work: maxm@normik.dk
Specialization is for insects.  -  Robert A. Heinlein