[Zope] Can't RENAME using ftp (was Re: [Zope] Dreamweaver and WebDav)

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:34:43 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:38:36 MET Hans de Wit <hw@scp.nl> wrote:

> Is anybody using the combination Dreamweaver 4 WebDAV Zope already?

I'm waiting for the evaluation version to become available .....

> A connection was easy to make. At the moment i want to put or get something
> "access to the desired resource is denied by the server". I checked my
> password, i have the correct rights,

Hmmmm. I've had mixed success with a range of WebDAV clients on a range
of operating systems - not all seem to handle renaming files/folders.

> and it is working more or less fine on
> ftp. (i can not change a file name on the host: an ftp error occured, cannot
> rename hihi.htm to haha.htm. 500 RNFR command not understood)

I've been meaning to ask the list about this for some time. This
is a real PITA. I infer it to be a ZServer issue (no ftp client
I've tried supports renaming).

With marvellous tools like HMTL-Kit, Homesite (Dreamweaver when
I get my hands on it), etc it really is a bit of a let down when
a well-integrated ftp tool is hobbled by the lack of ZServer
support for rename.

Is this something that is easy to fix? It would be a major
Quick Win in my book.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bris.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/