[Zope] Dreamweaver and WebDav

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:31:49 -0500

FYI - I spent a good part of yesterday fixing a lot of
DAV support issues in Zope.

> Dreamweaver 4 WebDAV has the following issues (confirmed with their
> Technical Support):
>
> - Dreamweaver searches for a WWW-Authenticate header case-sensitively (not
>   compliant with HTTP RFC), and therefor misses the one sent by Zope. It
>   therefor cannot do any operation for which authentication is required.

There is a fix in CVS so that we generate a header that
they can handle (and that is by-the-numbers of the spec
spelling)

> - Dreamweaver sends a malformed host header; it sends the IP number, not
>   the DNS name (again, in conflict with the RFC). Also, when using a
>   non-standard port (ie other than 80), it will send a non-sensical port
>   number in the header (My 'www' server, port 50080 becomes 'Host:
>   192.168.0.1:429451840').

Hm - GoLive has problems with the Host header too. They dont
send the port at all :)

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909