[Zope] One-To-One, Story Server, Teamsite, ... Zope?

Ausum ausum@mail.cosapidata.com.pe
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:34:20 -0500

The three first are the most recognized brands for content management

software, at least among industry journalists. For anyone previously

involved with content management of a large scale site, Interwoven's,

Broadvision's and Vignette's high-end suites, respectively, are

probably the default chooses for web and e-business management, no

questions asked.

I'm reflecting this because I would like to have the big picture of what

each product is able to do, without exagerations. I've never seen

running any of those products, and since I must advice the company I

work for about the software it will need for its news portal, in adition

to what nice pdfs and catalogs can show off, I am truly interested about

what Zope can do and what it can't, COMPARED to those first.

Is Zope stable enough working connected to large databases? How does it

behave with high traffic sites? Does it support clustering? What is the

largest site running it? Have anyone put their hands on any of the

mentioned tools and make comparisons?

Although it sounds silly, I need reasons to convince someone else that

saving money is for good. That none of those

super-coded-worth-a-third-million solutions is much better that a

genuine GNU initiative, meaning Zope in this particular case.

And, by the way, when are we going to see the first large ASP (meaning

NASDAQ registered) with support for Zope?

Thanks in advance,

Ausum