[Zope] ZPatterns

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 08:40:04 +0000

Steve Alexander wrote:

> You've described the Model-View relationship.
> The Controller part is where ZPatterns gets interesting; you can use
> SkinScript to do a load of validation on your data, all in one place, in
> a fairly specific and declarative language, which gets applied on
> commiting a Zope transaction. That's powerful stuff!

Just to clarify this:

   I'm not suggesting that the controller's responsibility includes
validating data.

Rather, I mean that you can use SkinScript to easily add an "aspect" of
validating data in a certain way. In MVC terms, this is like a wrapper
around the model that validates the data. All connectors from
controllers to the model must go through this wrapper.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer