[Zope] new 2.2.4 security/role bug ?? (ZCatalog related ??)

Didier Georgieff Didier.GEORGIEFF@agriculture.gouv.fr
18 Dec 2000 18:08:45 +0100

Brian,

Le 18 Dec 2000, à 11:54, Brian Lloyd a écrit :

> Note that 'Manager' does not automatically give you "full
> authorization". It is only a convention that Manager often
> has all permissions.
> This is important, because in Zope 2.2, you can't give a
> proxy role unless you have *that role* yourself.

OK. So if i understand well, i need to create a user with manager AND
ALL the roles so i'll be able to set any proxy role with that user.
Thanks for the explanation.

So i guess my other weird problem with not accessing objects via the
catalog and accessing them directly has something to do with some new
security feature in 2.2 i didn't understood ?
But i can't figure wich one, even in re-reading carefully the zope book.

Anyway, thanks for your clear explanation.

Regards.
--
Didier Georgieff
DDAF du Bas-Rhin - Cellule SIG