[Zope] Creating tables from ZSQL methods..?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:46:55 +0100 (CET)

Lee writes:
 > I have a ZSQL method, createClassTable, where the paramter 'classCode'
 > is used to name the table:
 > Is there anyway to execute this in a DTML document 'on the fly'?
Sure:

	<dtml-call "your_method(classCode=yourTableName)">

 > I have a DTML method where the classCode argument is passed onto the
 > ZSQL method via a web form... but when submitted I am met with Zope
 > interface and asked to enter the query parameter.
I do not understand that.

  Where do you have this DTML method?
  What do you submit?
  What Zope interface you get (the description looks like
  the "test" interface for a Z SQL method)?

 > How do I execute the query
 > and go to this view screen in one go?

       <dtml-call your_create_method> <!-- provided request contains
                                           a definition for
                                           "classCode" -->
       <dtml-var next_page>

Dieter