[Zope] zope, worldpilot, IMAP, POP...

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 02:16:38 -0500

I've been investigating how to do web-based email for zope users... it
seemed like worldpilot was cool (BTW, where is it??)

Then I was talking to a friend, who mentioned vaguely something about
perl-script that implemented a yahoo or hotmail type system, and it solved
the problem of username/password admin on the mail server, by avoiding it!
Basically it took advantage of the 'dead letter' email account on a POP or
IMAP server where all the bogus email goes, and it pulled it all in and
parsed it against it's own list of users, etc.

My question is, therefore, is it reasonable to try to do something like this
in Zope, with the goal of using the Zope membership info (username &
password) for defining the mail users?

The only thing I find that's even close is POPMailProduct, but it's lacking
the hard part...

Marc