[Zope] CZAN Anyone?

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:06:42 -0800

> On Friday 22 December 2000, at 12 h 50, the keyboard of "Jonathan
\(ListServ
> Account\)" <listsmurf@ur.nl> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any plans for CPAN like functionality for Zope?
>
> It would be a very good idea. The CPAN is the main strenght of Perl (if
someone cites the Vaults as a Python equivalent, it means he never used the
CPAN).

What does cpan give you that zope.org doesnt, I can go into zope.org, look
at modules documentation, download them and so on. Same with CPAN. Ok so
maybe it doesnt have simple and interfaces to it such as listings by author,
module and so on...

The next step would be automated installation, which would be nice. A simple
interface to select a module, install it and restart your Zope. A much
extended Control Panel...