[Zope] Zope eating CPU/RAM - how do I find the culprit?

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
29 Dec 2000 00:20:03 +0100

Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> said:
>Cees de Groot writes:
> > ... excessive CPU/memory consumption ...
>If you use Zope 2.2.x, you can try to access the debug tools
>in the "Control Panel". They will show you, which request
>is active (to more easily reproduce and analyse the problem)
>and how the reference counts are changed.

The problem is, apparently the thing gets in a really tight loop - one
threads blocks the rest of Zope, so it is quite hard to use these
tools (especially not when the whole thing is not - yet - reproducable,
sometimes it happens in an hour, sometimes after 12 hours; a bit hard
to keep staring at the screen for 12 hours :-)).

As a bit of an act of despair, I'm currently logging Zope's CPU usage
every 5 seconds in a log file, hopefully I can match a rise in CPU time
with some request in the server logs.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>