[Zope] Zope install - cannot login

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 10:10:25 +0100 (CET)

Odile =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E9nassy?= writes:
 > Here is a problem I'm encountering while installing Zope through PCGI :
 > ZODB.POSException.StorageSystemError: Could not lock the database file.
 > There must be
 > another process that has opened the file.
As the message tells you, there is another Zope process accessing
your "var/Data.fs". Are you sure, that your ZServer started
Zope is really stopped?

 > 	python z2.py
 > ImportError: No module named ZServer
Do not start Zope in this way, use the "start" script.

This script defines some environment variables
(such as PYTHONHOME) before it executes
"python z2.py". These environment variables are necessary
to find Zope's infrastructure.

Dieter