[Zope] Status of official documentation

Pam Crosby pam@digicool.com
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:47:36 -0500

Hello Eron,

The Zope Guides online are up to date with the current Zope version 2.1.
http://www.zope.org/Documentation

We are creating a process which will allow the Zope community to
contribute to our core documents using several methods.  We currently
use Adobe Framemaker for official documents and that doesn't allow for
community contributions.  Amos, Rob and I are exploring XML DocBook for
a standard platform for the guides.  When the process is formalized, we
will have more "open" documentation.

The ZDP continue to provide steam with their efforts and make weekly
announcements concerning their accomplishments.  Please check them out
http://zdp.zope.org:8080/ZDP maybe some of your questions can be
answered there?

Pamela Crosby

Technical Writer                           mailto:pam@digicool.com