[Zope] Newbie Questions (or maybe not... ;-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 09:48:52 +0000

Hi,

I'm hoping these both have simple answers. Firstly, is there any way you can
make component DTML methods such as standard_html_header (and maybe other
objects) invisible to the outside world?

It's messy (and possibly a security hazard!) if they're not, for example, take a
look at http://www.zope.org/standard_html_footer. This isn't really the sort of
thing you want visible on its own but what if that method actually did something
like delete files/etc...

Secondly, is there any way you can specify a parent object of the same name in a
DTML method?
What I want to do is build up standard_html_header as you get deeper into a
directory structure, for example:

in / standard_html_header is:
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE><!--#var title_or_id--></TITLE></HEAD><BODY
BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

in /dir1 standard_html_header is:
<dtml-var standard_html_header>
Some more text for a header...

and so on...

Of course, this generates an infinite recursion. So what I'm asking is if
there's any way to tell the dtml-var call in /dir1/standard_html_header to use
the standard_html_header in / rather than in /dir1?

Cheers for any help,

Chris