[Zope] where's the Distribution tab ?

Jerome ALET alet@unice.fr
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:36:53 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

At work I'm designing a Zclass which subclasses ObjectManager and which
have some subclasses.

because I wanted to continue my work at home, I've created a Distribution
with the Distribution tab and I've installed it at home to work offline
(telephone is not a cheap thing here).

At home I've continued my work, no problem, all works fine. However when I
wanted to create a new distribution for my Zclass to bring it back to my
office then I noticed that the Distribution tab was nowhere on the screen
although it is present for some other Zclasses.

I've tried to access directly to the manage_distributionView method for my
product and it said to me: "this product is not redistributable"

where does the problem come from ?

Does Zope refuse to "redistribute" something which was written on another
Zope server ? I hope (read: I'm sure) it's not the case.

thanks.

Jerome ALET - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Faculte de Medecine de Nice - http://noe.unice.fr - Tel: 04 93 37 76 30
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE