[Zope] where's the Distribution tab ?

Andrew Lahser andrew@apl-software.com
2 Feb 2000 17:44:20 -0000

Jerome ALET <alet@unice.fr> said:

> Hi,
>
> At work I'm designing a Zclass which subclasses ObjectManager and which
> have some subclasses.

...snip...
> I've tried to access directly to the manage_distributionView method for my
> product and it said to me: "this product is not redistributable"
>
> where does the problem come from ?
>
> Does Zope refuse to "redistribute" something which was written on another
> Zope server ? I hope (read: I'm sure) it's not the case.

I you want to continue working from home, you should _Export_ your Zclass
based product from your office, and then _Import_ it at home. Distribution
allows you to specify what items can be customized by the end-user content
manager. I don't think (read: believe) further distributions are possible.

Drew