[Zope] RE: zope/style sheets

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 14:45:39 -0800

It is definitely a checken/egg problem.  I will post the 'Correct' way to do
this in a couple of hours.  In the meantime, the temporary redirect is a a 307
(this is new to http/1.1, I believe.  At least, it isn't widely used), while a
permanently moved response is 301.  302 is more commonly used as temporary
redirect, and it seems to be identical to 307.  In any of these cases, the
Location header SHOULD contain the new URL, but it doesn't have to.  I just
checked, and the RESPONSE.redirect method uses a 302 Temporary Redirect and it
fills in the Location field correctly, so that is all you need.

--sam

--
Sam Gendler
Chief Technology Officer - Impossible, Inc.