[Zope] Tree Tag and DTML-Documents

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 03 Feb 2000 16:17:01 +0000

> > A DTML Document has its own namespace, and therefore, no subobjects. A DTML
> > Method is actually a method of its container, so it will "see" all of the
> > subobjects of
> > the container that it is in.
>
> Therefore, it should work inside a <dtml-with "PARENTS[0]" > clause

Sadly, it doesn't appear to :(
The following, which is in standard_html_header still doesn't show anything when
standard_html_header is included in a DTML document.

<dtml-with "PARENTS[0]" >
  <dtml-tree branches_expr="objectValues()">
      <A HREF="<dtml-var tree-item-url>">
      <dtml-var title>
      </A>
  </dtml-tree>
</dtml-with>

Also, can anyone shed any light on why I need the branches_expr thing in there?
How come <dtml-tree> on it's own only seems to find folders (and userfolders) in
the current folders and none of the other objects that are there.

Finally, and this is weird, I have a DTML Document:
/OCM/overview/Test/Folder/index_html

which doesn't show up AT ALL in the above tree when the tree appears in
/OCM/index_html (which is a DTML method in order for the tree to show up...)
or anywhere else for that matter, however a DTML method in the same folder does
show up...

All very confusing, I promise to write a decent tree how-to when this is all
sorted out ;-)

Chris