[Zope] Zserver: IP address based authorization?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:23:57 +0000

At 6:05 pm +0100 3/2/00, Robb Shecter wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Thanks.  What format should the IP addresses be specified in?  (ie: a
>comma seperated list, or...)  Are wild cards allowed?  Is this
>documented somewhere?

mine are space separated. You can use wildcards, *.ncl.ac.uk gets all
boxes in our domain. *.ncl.ac.uk *.dur.ac.uk gets two universities.

I believe it is documented, but if you're stuck, look at the source
:) (lib/python/AccessControl/User.py: I think)

>If this (address-based authorization) isn't documented somewhere yet, I
>can make a "tip" on zope.org, once I get it working...
>
>- Robb

That would be cool, the more How-Tos the better! :)
There is a discussion in the archives between Martijn and I over
authentication using IP addresses and such. I don't have a URL though
:(

tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2