[Zope] authentication with NDS

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:23:00 -0500

On 3 Feb 2000, at 15:19, elijah wright wrote:

> > No, Not yet. I'm hoping to get Novell to sponsor this port so we can make
> > it open source. Shameful, but true. :-( (Novell is interested.. but
> > they're also looking at PHP) Are you interested in Zope on NetWare, or
> > just NDS authentication from, say, Windows..
>
> mostly zope on netware.  which i assume means there's an NLM python port,
> too.  :)   i had this neat little flash of insight that said something like
> "umm, HEY, you could run your zope on the netware server and not have to
> screw with begging for a second machine to run it on"... since in reality
> all the people who need access to anything zope here have accounts on
> netware as their primary login anyway.... :)

Yes, there is an NLM python port. I was going to present that at IPC8,
but I wasn't able to make it. I'm not sure if my paper made it into the
proceedings anyway.

You can read about it at:

http://www.murkworks.com/python/python%20for%20netware.pdf

NetWare now ships with a 5-user Oracle 8i and IBM Websphere. It
could be quite a nice Zope platform.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements