[Zope] load_site.py troubles

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:38:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Maarten Slaets wrote:
> i'm doing a weekly import of a certain site. i'm using load_site.py
> but, since its a weekly update, the files i'm importing are already there.
> the load_site gives me a 'The id %s is invalid - it is already in use.'
> error ofcourse. can anyone help me to make loadsite overwrite the existing
> objects?

   Patch the load_site.py, wrap every call to manage_add with try/except,
and on exception, do manage_edit instead.
   I'd recomment you to download later version of Zope and use recent
load_site.py. You still nwill need to patch it. After testing your patches,
please publish it here.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru