[Zope] Help needed getting Zope to work on DEC OSF1.

Damian Soto damian.soto@ties.itu.int
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:54:43 +0100

Hello fellow zopistas,

Could I kindly ask for your help in getting Zope to work on OSF1?
I have asked on the Zope list before but didn't get a reply;
 Maybe you where all at IPC8 ;-)
http://www.egroups.com/list/zope/md1209566030.html

I saw from the Zope archive, that someone (Darran Edmundson) managed to
get Zope working on Alpha. There is hope!
""" This is with Zope under Apache installed on a DEC system (OSF1v4): Zope
version: Zope 2.1.0 (source release, python 1.5.2, linux2) Python version:
1.5.2 (#1, Aug 10 1999, 10:11:16) [C]
"""
  http://www.egroups.com/list/zope/md345203043.html

I have been unsuccessful getting ZServer to work, on a Digital Unix test machine. I am starting to get a bit desperate!
I always get a stack overflow, and a core dump as soon as I click on the QuickStart or the manage link.
Stack overflow: pid 803, proc python, addr 0x140857fe8, pc 0x12003c318

Could you tell me how you got it to work? What compiler did you use?

I have tried Python 1.5.2 (#2, Jun  1 1999, 10:50:32) [C] on osf1V4 with
Zope 2.1.0, 2.1.2 and 2.1.3. but even compiling python/zope with gcc, and the latest gcc 2.95.2. does not stop the core dumps.

I am running the provided start script under a user account. I have double-checked the permissions.

I am probably missing something simple.
Does anything come to mind?

Thanks,

Damian.