[Zope] Can Zope extract an image (BLOB) from an RDB ?

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 15:27:35 +0800

I've got 8000 photos (jpeg format) stored in an Oracle
database. The table that contains the photos has these
columns which are of interest :

 PICTURE                                  LONG RAW
 PICTURE_LENGTH                  NOT NULL NUMBER(14)

My goals in order of progression are :

1. Extract the image from the database using ZSQL methods

2. Serve that image up directly to the web browser

3. Save the image to the filesystem or, even better,
   create a Zope Image Object

Unfortunately, I'm stuck at step 1. Doing a request on
the database with ZSQL methods is returning :

Error, oci.error: (911, 'ORA-00911: invalid character\012')

Is there any way for Zope to handle this or is this going
to involve python-DCOracle scripts instead and then uploading
into Zope ?

Thank you very much in advance,

chas