[Zope] Is e-commerce feasible with Zope?

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 15:46:17 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> (Note that, from what I've read in previous threads, I would have to have 5
> people create new shopping carts at the same instant in order for one of
> them to run into an error. That's a lot. When I said that the site would

Actually there would be no problem (theoretically at least and depending
on the cart implementation). If more users than threads are accessing Zope
simultaneously the extra users would just have to wait their turn. Even so
the underlying ZServer implementation is *very* fast and even in single
thread mode the clients will get the feeling they are served
simultaneously.

Pavlos