[Zope] Is e-commerce feasible with Zope?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 22:39:35 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lalo Martins" <lalo@webcom.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Is e-commerce feasible with Zope?

> On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 06:27:04PM -0500, Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> >
> > If ZCommerce doesn't get anywhere before I've completely decoupled the
code
> > and the site, I'll release something then...
>
> What is ZCommerce?

It's a mailing list they've set up at CodeIt. You'll find it listed on the
Zope site along with the other mailing lists:

> Who is developing it, and where is it? If at
> all possible, I'd like to colaborate on it instead of
> duplicating it for my site.

I don't think anyone is really developing "ZCommerce" at this point. I think
part of the problem is that designing a commerce platform that meets
everyone's needs is really quite hard. The list kind of trailed off in
spiralling use cases and talk of varying tax laws. I don't think anyone had
the time on their hands to tackle such a broad project when they've got real
work to do.

For my part, I had good intentions to release things, but I've been too busy
keeping up with regular work. It's much quicker to develop something that
does precisely what I need and not worry about packaging and
customizability.

Ultimately, I'd like to be working with everyone else on a good, open
platform.

Kevin