[Zope] help with Sorting concepts.....

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 07:31:18 -0500 (EST)

Hi Folks,

   I've been working on lots of different things... and every
now and then I see that someone is getting frustrated with
sorting this or that in Zope...

Zieve: "http://www.zope.org/Members/sspickle/Zieve"

is supposed to end all that frustration.. but alas I've had no time to
make it perfect. It currenly uses a cookie to keep track of the users
sorting preference. (The idea is that the *user* knows how the list
should be sorted, not the developer.... ;-> ) Anyway.... I haven't
been able to come up with any simple way to do this *without* a
cookie.  (Sessions perhaps? I dunno... should I make this depend on
some other session technology?) Anyway.. I'm mostly just fishing for
ideas about how to make this thing more useful. Martijn P. at one point
suggested that it be a tag... but I think I need some more direction
with that idea... How would making it a tag help get rid of the cookie? Or
is it that there would be a different cookie for each tag? Anyway

comments welcome as usual....

-steve