[Zope] news interface for zope list (was RE: [Zope] Parents solution)

Jay, Dylan djay@lucent.com
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:33:27 +1100

Can we have a news interface to the zope lists? I have several mailman lists
as part of my site. I gateway them quite successfully using mailman to an
exchange public folder which is acting as a nntp news group. Then I have the
entire list available as a news group. People don't even need to be
subscribed to the mailing list. I imagine setting up a nntp server at
zope.org or somewhere else would not be too hard and it would provide a much
more manageable interface to the list than digests or individual mails. I'd
much prefer a proper threading mailreader to digests anyday!!!
The only problem would be putting the previous year or two's mail into the
mailing list. I'm sure some python hacker can work that out without too much
difficulty.

My next step with my lists is to provide a web interface to my outlook
public folder. I'm going to do this by hacking worldpilot or notmail and
access the list via imap. Has anyone already done this or even a web
interface to nntp?