[Zope] Is e-commerce feasible with Zope?

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 19:49:47 -0700

> > Another concern with ZODB is the max DB size: on Linux based system
> > with the ext2 file-system and the kernel patch, the max file size is 4
> > GB; since the Zope DB is stored into a single file (right?), this mean
> > that the max DB size is 4 GB.
>
> I believe there are ways around this, but I'm not a linux guru.

Well, consider that with a site that is getting the insane traffic level
being tossed around here to really incur problems,  no pansy machine
will be able to handle it. For something that size, I'd reccomend an
Alpha processor powered machine, where there is essentially no file size
limit in Linux. Proces are quite comparative now, too.

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.