[Zope] Object ID and Property confusion

David Salgado David@connmed.co.uk
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:03:01 -0000

Hi All

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I haven't been able to figure it out
yet...

If I have a bunch of objects of type 'myObj' in a folder, then I can do
something like;

<dtml-in "objectIds('myObj')>
  <dtml-var sequence-item><br>
</dtml-in>

...to display a list of all the ids of my 'myObj' objects in the folder - so
far, so good.

Now, each of the 'myObj' instances has a property 'myProp', which I'm
interested in. So I can do this;

<dtml-in "objectValues('myObj')">
  <dtml-var myProp><br>
</dtml-in>

...to display a list of all the 'myProp' values of the 'myObj' objects.

What I want to do is display a table where column one contains the id of the
object, and column two contains the 'myProp' value. From a brief look at the
source of "lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py" it looks as if the
'objectItems()' method might do something like what I want, but I haven't
been able to get it to do what I want.

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

TIA
           David