[Zope] Hourly restarts of Zope (sort of)

tonyr@ep.newtimes.com tonyr@ep.newtimes.com
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 11:28:45 -0700

We have brought zope up in production -- Yeah!!

Now for the problem - under a load while there is still some "fine
tuning" going on, we are experiencing frequent zope restarts.  I know
this has been a topic of discussion in the past but I was curious if
anyone else has had such problems and/or what can be done to track down
the culprit and correct the situation.

I have tried using the How-To: Using the Zope Debug Log to Track Down
Hangs with absolutely no luck. /Control_Panel/manage_debug has been as
useful.  We have been able to identify some long running user generated
queries (ie keyword searches that brought back huge result sets) and
eliminated them.  But as yet have found no smoking gun as to the
restarts.

Does anyone out there have any ideas.  Let me know what details you
need.

Thanks.

--
tonyr@ep.newtimes.com