[Zope] Help - ZClass instances broken!

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 15:15:53 -0500

In an effort to get a better understanding of how the XMLDocument product
worked, I attempted to use the Python debugger to walk through the code.  I
added an "import pdb" to the build.py file and added a pdb.set_trace() to
one of the methods.  I started Zope from the command line with a batch file
(I'm running under NT).  I was able to step into the debugger and look
around.  The only odd thing was that some of my ZClass instances showed up
as broken.  I figured this had something to do with the way I started Zope
so I ignored it.  I then stopped Zope and reverted my build.py file back to
its original state.  I restarted Zope as a service (the way I usually run
it).  To my surprise, my ZClass instances (all belonging to the same
product) were still broken!

I shut everything down and rebooted my machine.  I once again went into
Zope and still my ZClasses were broken.  The product itself looks fine.  I
can add new instances of my ZClasses without difficulty.  However, I can't
view existing ZClasses.

While it wouldn't be an absolute catastrophe if I had to recreate my lost
data, it wouldn't make me happy.  More importantly I'm concerned that
something I did broke the system, and if this were in production I would be
in big trouble.  Can anyone provide ideas on how I might debug and
hopefully fix this problem?

Thanks.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html