[Zope] Two questions...

Guy Davis davis@arc.ab.ca
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 15:28:32 -0700

1) Given a ZSQL method that takes one arguement (a primary key) how can
I pass that information on from where I call the ZSQL method with
<dtml-in>
i.e.  In a DTML method, what comes just before this line if I know that
login is davis.
<dtml-in getUserSQL size=1 start=query_start>

I have tried:
<dtml-let login="_.string.lower('davis')">

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('login', 'davis')">
This works the first time I call getUserSQL, but breaks the second time
with a different login as it appears I can only set the login variable
once.

2) Since you can't have <dtml-sendmail mailto="<dtml... get emails from
database. (nested <dtml> statements), how does one iteratively declare a
list variable and then add to it. Then my mailto="_.string.join(listvar,
', ')" will work.

It seems the majority of my problems are due to thinking in C,C++ or
Java where one can simply declare a variable and then work with it.  I
haven't figured out how to do that in DTML.  Any help you can offer is
appreciated.

--
       Guy Davis    mailto:davis@arc.ab.ca
  (403) 210-5334    Alberta Research Council