[Zope] Help ZClasses and Properties.

Stéphane Baudet sbaudet@araxe.fr
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:32:17 +0100

I do have the same problem currently !! I'm learning how to create ZClasses
but I tried to create my own. And I can't change properties with
manage_changeProperties too.
I also read the "ZClasses properties" HOW-TO which tells to uncomment a line
"manage_editProperties(REQUEST)" in the "add" method of the ZClass after
having modified the "addForm" (added my own properties in the HTML form).
But it doesn't change affect properties too !
Is there a ZClass guru to help us somewhere ?
Thank you :))

Stephane Baudet.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : drmental@earthlink.net [mailto:drmental@earthlink.net]De la part de
Mats Nordgren
Envoyé : jeudi 10 février 2000 16:46
À : zope@zope.org
Objet : [Zope] Help ZClasses and Properties.

I'm trying to figure out how to use ZClasses and I found myself having
problems with the manage_changeProperties for a property of the Class I
made.

I followed the ZDG ZClass tutorial and created the CDProduct the
CDClass, set the property sheet and the class seems to be working ok but
I can not for my life get the manage_changeProperties to update the
properties of the instance of myCD in the root folder.

I can change the properties with the Properties tab of the instance but
not through DTML with the line:
<dtml-call "myCD.manage_changeProperites({'title':'this title',
'artist':'this artist', 'description':'this desc'})">

It doesn't give me an error or anything it just dont change any property
values.

Please Help,

Sincerely,
Mats Nordgren