[Zope] [newbie] I Can't Get Zope to Zope

Richard Gordon maccgi@bellsouth.net
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:40:56 -0500

At 9:52 PM -0600 2/9/00, Evan Simpson wrote:
>Ah.  Does the 'nobody' user own your 'Zope/var'?  When you run Zope as root,
>by default it changes to running as 'nobody', who not only needs read access
>to everything but write access to all of 'var'.

Thanks for the suggestion- 'nobody' owned the var/Z2.pid, but other
stuff was either root or 506 (ok, I'll ask- who/what is 506?). I did
chown on every directory & file that have anything to do with Zope to
place everything under nobody's ownership. Didn't help, but I
appreciate the try and suspect that I may have some other things
going on machine-wise that are involved in this.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Consulting & Design
Database Design/Scripting Languages
mailto:richard@richardgordon.net