[Zope] Database transaction

Matt Goodall mgg@isotek.co.uk
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:42:57 +0000

--------------F77B9F34C5363EB15F757382

Hi,

When adding to a database table I need to calculate the next number from
the existing records, increment that number and add the new record using
the calculated number.

The critical thing is that the transaction must be uninterrupted or two
or more users could be assigned the same number.

Can this be done with the Zope database connections? I'm using MySQL at
the moment but I could (presumably) change to PostgreSQL quite easily.

Any other ideas would be more than welcome.

Cheers, Matt.

--
Matt Goodall             |  Isotek Electronics Ltd
email: mgg@isotek.co.uk  |  Claro House, Servia Road

begin:vcard
n:Goodall;Matt
tel;fax:+44 113 234 2918
tel;work:+44 113 234 3202/3
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Isotek Electronics Ltd
adr;quoted-printable:;;Claro House=0D=0AServia Road;Leeds;W.Yorks;LS7 1NL;England
version:2.1
email;internet:mgg@isotek.co.uk
x-mozilla-cpt:;-21184
fn:Matt Goodall