[Zope] [Fwd: How-To: Installing and Upgrading Zope2.x]

Jens Vagelpohl Jens@digicool.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:14:14 -0500

instead of editing zope internals (which you might just forget to repeat
when you upgrade and run into the same problems) i suggest adding an
appropriate entry in /etc/hosts that reflects your machine name.

jens

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of John
E. Vincent
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2000 23:47
To: Chris McDonough
Cc: zope@zope.org; lee@bitwiseinc.com
Subject: Re: [Zope] [Fwd: How-To: Installing and Upgrading Zope2.x]

If no python guru but I was looking over http-server.py and it looks
like
it trys several different methods on finding your hostname before
resorting to using the IP address. Try editing z2.py and changing the
field IP_ADDRESS='' to an actual IP address. just use 127.0.0.1. Also
make
sure you have an entry in /etc/hosts for your localhost like this:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost

The default install should set this up for you.

Can any zope genius verify wether what I've said makes sense or not?
Does
pythoin require any external resolver libraries to be installed for
gethostname?

hope I haven't sent you on a tangent.