[Zope] Applying xml tricks to dynamic sources?

Robb Shecter shecter@darmstadt.gmd.de
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:27:51 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to somehow use the xml product with xml that I retrieve via
http.  The examples I saw so far, though, assume that the is saved in
Zope as an xml object.

I guess I could get what I want by:

1) Fetch my xml via http
2) Save it in a temp folder
3) Apply whatever methods I want
4) Delete the temp folder

...Doesn't sound too great, if this'll be happening on every page
request.  Any other way?

( I think that this is an important issue - Factoring network services
into xml data sources is the Big Thing, and systems that can
filter/manipulate xml and then pass it on are in high demand. Right
now, I'm deciding whether to do this in Zope or in Java servlets...)

Thanks,
Robb