[Zope] GenericUserFolder Question

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 21:52:13 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, James W. Howe wrote:
> got the simple login screen.  I entered the values 'jorge' for the username
> and 'secret' for the password.  When I pressed Ok, I didn't see the
> index_html file for the folder, instead I got the login screen once
> again.  Can someone help me out with some ideas on what I might have done
> wrong (or not done at all?)

I can't help, 'cause I need the same assistance you do.  I'm seeing
exactly the same thing.  In fact, I also tried something else: left
the folder containing the GenericUserFolder with normal permissions,
and created a subfolder where I removed all inherited permissions.
I then edited the authenticateUser method so that it always returned
'1'.  I *still* kept getting the login screen when going into the
subfolder.  Then I guess a timeout expired and I could no longer
get into the main folder management screen from the browser I was
authenticated as manager, so I deleted the whole mess <wry grin>.

So, what are James and I doing wrong?  We just followed the cookbook
for the simplest test case...

--RDM