[Zope] manage_tabs

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 04:30:36 -0500

From: Dyon Balding [mailto:dyon@adroitnet.com.au]

> On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 01:51:34PM +1100, Dyon Balding wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a manage_options with the following entry:
> >
> > {'label':'Images', 'action':'manage_images'},
> >
> > and when i click on the tab, the tab is highlighted correctly.
> >
> > I also have a form on that page, whose action is
> manage_addImage. The
> > manage_addImage method returns self.manage_access(self, REQUEST) to
> > get the same view back to the user.  However the url is now
> > manage_addImage not manage_images, and the 'Images' tab is no longer
> > highlighted, instead the first tab is highlighted.
> >
> > Is there a way to 'alias' a url to a particular tab?
>
> deafening silence. oh well.
>
> Is this valid?  Without digging through manage_tabs.dtml or
> Management.py,
> I wondering whether this is an acceptable method?
>
>         manage_options =  (
>                 {'label':'View','action':''},
>                 {'label':'Contact Info', 'action':'manage_contact'},
>                 {'label':'Contact Info',
> 'action':'manage_editContactInfo'},
>                 )
>
> -d

It is a known bug that the tabs mis-highlight when encountering a
unknown URL.

Currently, there is only one solution to this: You could return a form
that uses it's own URL as the ACTION attribute, and it reacts
intelligently to wither or not there is information POSTed to that URL.

In Zope 2.2, there will be support for a 'management_view' variable,
that will be checked for a label name. Set it to 'Edit' if you want the
'Edit tab to highlight, for example.

See this checkin for more info:

http://cvs.zope.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/Zope2/lib/python/App/manage_tabs.
dtml?rev=1.25&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

and this one for the change that was made:

http://cvs.zope.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/Zope2/lib/python/App/manage_tabs.
dtml.diff?r1=1.24&r2=1.25

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer